Welcome to the Township of Laurentian Valley! It is with great pleasure the Mayor and the members of the municipal Council welcome you and count you among its new residents.

A bit about our history:

The Township of Laurentian Valley was established on January 1st, 2000 through the amalgamation of the former Township of Stafford-Pembroke and the Township of Alice & Fraser. With a growing population of 10,000, Laurentian Valley community surrounds the City of Pembroke and borders the Townships of North Algona Wilberforce and Whitewater Region to the east, Town of Petawawa to the west and the majestic Ottawa River to the north. Our community is a blend of urban and rural and we invite you to learn more about our history. Often mistaken for The City of Pembroke, our boundaries surround The City. We encourage you to view our maps to further understand our geographic boundaries and familiarize yourself with the amazing businesses and services within our community. 

With growing economic business and big box sector and appealing residential living Laurentian Valley has become a very attractive community.

Residents and tourist can enjoy a variety of recreation facilities.  The volunteer recreation facilities consists of outdoor rinks, wooded skating trail, ball fields, soccer pitches, splash pad and many play structures.

On this page, we have grouped links to some of the information on our site that we think you will find useful. If you have any questions that are not answered here, please feel free to contact the municipal office.

Thinking about relocating to the Ottawa Valley? Check out this video segment on New Canadians TV featuring local newcomers whom have made a significant impact in our community!
Watch here

Pet Tags

Dogs and cats must be registered annually. Pet tags can be purchased online or at our office.

All residents must purchase an annual licence for their dogs and cats. Pet tags can be purchased online or at our Office. Please note that the cost per tag increases after March 31st. Tags can be delivered if you are disabled and unable to come to the Office. Landlords, please notify your tenants.

The pet tag price schedule is as follows:
Sterilized/UnsterilizedBefore March 31stAfter March 31st

Sterilized pets


Register your sterilized pet online for 2024



Unsterilized pets


Register your unsterilized pet online for 2024


  1. Office: Cash, cheque, or Interac
  2. Online: Mastercard or Visa (note: a 2.5% convenience fee is applied to online purchases)

Note: HST is not applied on pet tags. 


After March 31st, Officials go door-to-door to ensure registration has been completed. If an Official discovers an unregistered pet, the cost will then be $10 more per tag. If you are unable to register your dog at the door, a notice will be left to purchase tags at our Office within a specified time. Failure to comply will result in a fine of $120 plus full purchase price of the pet tag.

Service Dog

If you need a dog tag for a Service Dog, please bring the certificate produced from a recognized training establishment to our Office at the time of registration.


If you own a farm that is registered with the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food, please come into the Office to purchase your pet tags. The farm rate is $20 which entitles you up to five (5) pet tags.

Property and water taxes

Taxes are divided into two (2) bills: interim and final bill. Within each billing period (interim and final), there are two (2) installments. Installments are due on the last working day of each of the following months: March, May, July, and September.

Taxes can be paid at our office by cash, cheque, Interac, or by leaving a payment in the secure mail slot after hours. Alternatively, taxes can also be paid online through online banking. For complete details, please visit our Payment Methods page.

Learn more

Internet and phone providers

There are various service providers available across LV but vary depending on your location. Here is a list of companies that may service your area:

  • Bell
  • Cogeco
  • Whitewater Internet
  • EORN


There are a few gas and hydro providers available to service your home, depending on your location. Here is a list of companies that may service your area:

  • Enbridge
  • Hydro One

We provide municipal water to certain homes in agreement with the City of Pembroke. If your house is not on municipal water, you will have your own well and septic.


There are four (4) school boards that service LV: Renfrew County Public School Board (RCPSB), Renfrew County Catholic School Board (RCCSB), Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est (CECCE), Conseil des écoles publiques de l'Est de l'Ontario (CEPEO). Of these school boards, only one (1) elementary school is located within the geographic area of LV – Rockwood Public School which is part of RCPSB. Please visit our Education page for more information about the schools along with their contact information.


The County of Renfrew has a child care and early years division website that provides information regarding childcare. Information you'll find on this site includes:

  • Fee subsidy
  • Integration services
  • Licensed home daycares
  • Licensed childcare agencies
  • EarlyON Child and family services
  • Recreation programs

Please visit their website to learn more about these services. Please note that there are numerous unlicensed home daycare options available as well. We do not have a directory of these facilities and encourage you to join groups on Facebook specifically for this topic.


The Township's Chief Building Official reviews and issues a variety of permits including:

A building permit is required for the construction and/or demolition of:

  • a new building
  • an addition
  • a material alteration of any building or structure and includes most shipping containers

It is important to pre-consult with us before starting any building projects to ensure that any necessary permits are in place. This also ensures that what you are doing complies with any other municipal by-laws or approvals required by other agencies.

Service Ontario and Service Canada

Service Ontario and Service Canada have local offices in the City of Pembroke. 


Residents of LV are serviced at our local hospital in Pembroke. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre (VTAC) has been developed and is strengthening access to healthcare for all residents so our Emergency Departments and 9-1-1 Service can be reserved for genuine emergencies. 

Public Transportation

The Pembroke Handi Bus provides fully accessible door to door transit service for persons with disabilities in the City of Pembroke and Laurentian Valley. This is a free service that is provided for medical appointments, shopping, church service, and social activities. Please visit their website to learn more about the Pembroke Handi Bus.

There is no public transportation service available in Renfrew County besides the Handi Bus.

Parks and Recreation

We have various parks and recreation facilities within LV. Here is a list with links to more information. We also encourage you to visit our Attractions page for more information regarding local attractions.

Where to Dine

Visit our Eat & Drink page for more information on local options. You can also visit our Business Directory to further explore businesses within our community.

Visit our Business Directory

Waste Management

Waste, organics, and recycling pick-up is coordinated through the Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre (OVWRC). Collection occurs bi-weekly. To determine your collection date and of which disposal type, please review the collection schedule.

Blue boxes (recycling), green bins (organic), and yellow bins (recycling) can be purchased at our office. Each household is permitted to one (1) green bin at no cost. Additional green bins can be purchased for $108.48. Blue bins are $10.74, yellow bins are $33.34, and yellow bin netting (to avoid spillage) are $5.65. *All prices include tax.

For the hazardous waste depot and information regarding tipping fees, please visit the OVWRC website or call 613-735-7537.

Federal and Provincial Government Representatives

Member of Parliament (MP) - Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke
Mrs. Cheryl Gallant

Constituency Office

84 Isabella St.
Pembroke, ON, K8A 5S5

Tel: 613-732-4404

Visit Cheryl Gallant's website


MPP - Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke

John Yakabuski, MPP

Constituency Office

The Victoria Center
Unit 6
84 Isabella St.
Pembroke, ON K8A 5S5

Tel: 613-735-6627   

Visit John Yakabuski's website