December 19th 2012 Meeting Minutes

Township of Laurentian Valley
Policing Committee
Minutes – Dec 19, 2012 Meeting

Attending; Allan Wren, Marcel Marsan, Kevin Leach, Denise Seigel

Regrets: Phil Saar, Charlotte Witt

The minutes of Nov 21st were not available for approval. They will be distributed and approved at the Jan 2013 meeting

Report: Allan reported he had received a news report referencing the Provincial Auditor’s report 2012. He mentioned some of the highlights and then circulated the memo. He also mentioned the business cards seem to be working well, as after introduction of membership simply hand the individual a card for reference. Allan mentioned that he had briefly discussed our newest presentation topic to Town of Petawawa, City of Pembroke re participation and sharing of costs. He confirmed interest is there but additional info is necessary

Old Business

1.) Lock It or Lose It Flyers – confirmed 350 to 400 flyer were distributed and that management of CTC, WalMart & Home Depot were advised prior to starting. Only a handful of flyer left.
2.) Bicycle rodeo – still in circulation
3.) A discussion regarding bullying presentation resulted in more questions than answers. This subject may be as huge and complex as we want it to be. To be determined first are who guest speaker would be, the grade level to be targeted, possible dates and costs. Action: Keith to make several calls to determine what is available, for what costs and possible dates. This information will help determine location, number of students, transportation issues etc. he will report info at next Jan meeting.
Additional plans will follow once the major items above have been resolved.
4.) The 2012/2013 plan will include the following
- 1. Seniors presentation, tentative date of March. Wills& power of attorney
- 2. School presentation on bullying/suicide/mental health, Mar/April
- 2. Bicycle Rodeo in May or June
- 3. ChIP program with Masons next June – Pembroke Airport’s 45th anniversary
5.) OPP - At the Oct meeting, A/ Inspector Detachment Commander stated that monthly crime statistics reports would be available to us. Also noted that resurrection of CPAC would be forthcoming. Action Keith to discuss both items with Beth.
6.) Police Records check Action : Keith to complete a letter for Allan & Denise for getting their PRC. Keith to check with Charlene at Township Office re future letters.
7.) Keith asked Allan to extend a big “Thank you” to Council for the volunteer’s Christmas Party

New Business – none

Motion to adjourn by Allan, 2nd Kevin

Next Meeting Jan 16, 2013